What is Acadiana OnBoard?
Started in 2018, Acadiana OnBoard is focused on helping to strengthen and support our community of nonprofit organizations by enhancing the pool of effective, committed board members and increasing board diversity and inclusivity.
What can Acadiana OnBoard participants expect?
Acadiana OnBoard programming includes interactive workshops and classes, experiential learning, presentations and network-building opportunities that cover the key aspects of nonprofit governance and leadership and lay the groundwork for high-level board performance.
Some of the topics covered may include:
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Strategy and evaluation
- Board fiscal responsibilities
- Board recruitment and retention
- Board’s role in philanthropy
- Navigating board dynamics
- Engaging in difficult conversations
Who is a good fit for Acadiana OnBoard?
Acadiana OnBoard is open to anyone interested in giving back to their community—regardless of your background or profession. Acadiana OnBoard is ideal for:
- Any individual interested in or considering joining a nonprofit board. We strongly encourage young, emerging leaders, active community members and those from historically-underrepresented communities to participate.
- Current and experienced board members looking to brush up on best practices and explore new trends in the nonprofit sector.
Acadiana OnBoard initiatives can also be customized to suit your unique goals with on-site, group training sessions. Community organizations or employers interested in on-site programs should contact us for more information.
Acadiana OnBoard: Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
What are the participation requirements?
There are no requirements to participate in Acadiana OnBoard programs. Simply complete the registration form to secure your spot.
How often does it take place?
Acadiana OnBoard: Testimonials
We greatly appreciate the Leadership Institute of Acadiana for creating a transformative venue, during a challenging time, for our organization and community. The Board Leadership virtual session provided our organization with much needed information, blueprints, and best practices of which we have already implemented. We are moving forward in many areas thanks to the leadership of LIA and our community.
– Maurisha LeJeune, Executive Administrator, The Pentecostals of Lafayette
The board leadership virtual series provided timely and relevant advice that prompted me to take actions that had an immediate positive impact on my organization’s internal communication strategy. The recommendations offered expanded my understanding of effective communication and the importance of transparency with LAGCOE’s Board of Directors.
– Corinne Sprague, Interim Executive Director, LAGCOE
LIA’s board leadership series is helping AcA’s board as it grapples with some of the most challenging topics it will ever face. Having the tools and language to talk about these issues at the governance level is proving critical to how we make decisions, how we plan for the future, and how we ensure the continuance of our mission of service to the community.
– Samuel Oliver, Executive Director, Acadiana Center for the Arts